Friday, March 7, 2014

Studio 54 Finally Laid Bare

The  founder of Studio 54  is set to tell his story for the first time. Ian Schrager, who opened the famous NY club with the late Steve Rubell in 1977, is currently working on a book to be released by Rizzoli next autumn.

"If the hunter does not tell the story, the lion will," Schrager told the New York Post by way of explanation.
Studio 54
From Bianca Jagger, David Bowie and Michael Jackson to Andy Warhol, Salvadore Dali and Truman Capote - the coolest actors, artists, singers and authors of the decade gathered in the club, which was the place to be seen. Designers including Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford, who attended the club as a young New York University student, have spoken of its influence on them.

"This nice guy from my art history class came in and asked if I wanted to go to a party. Andy Warhol was at the party, and he took us to Studio 54 - wow," Ford said in 2007. "Even today, I still start shaking when I hear Donna Summer because it's the music of my coming of age. Every party I have, if I'm not careful, I end up putting that music on and whirling some girl around the dancefloor."

No comments:

Post a Comment