Sunday, January 19, 2014

Beckham´s Dover Street Store Confirmed

Victoria Beckham  has confirmed that her first standalone store will be on London's Dover Street, opening this autumn. The shop, covering 7,000 square foot, will be situated at number 36 - which is currently occupied by sporting store Orvis, opposite Dover Street Market, next to APC, and a few doors down from Automat.

"I think the time is now because I know my customer," Beckham said. "It will be the first time that the people will really be able to see the brand through my eyes."

Victoria Beckham
For the store's interiors, Beckham has enlisted architect Farshid Moussavi - whose projects include the 2012 London Olympic Park - and explained that she hopes to "drill a massive hole through the middle" to link the building's three floors.

"[Moussavi] is a woman who loves fashion as well," Beckham told WWD. "She has quite a conceptual eye, which I like. We want to make something different without making it overly complicated. I just want it to feel real for me."

The space will house all of the collections under her brand, including Victoria Beckham, Victoria, denim, optical and accessories. Beckham also revealed that Britain is her strongest market, followed by America -  where she is set to open an office, in New York's Chelsea, next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment