Thursday, September 13, 2012

Olivier Theysken´s Debuts Shorter Strands

Olivier Theyskens  just chopped his long luscious locks, just  in time for New York Fashion Week.

The designer got a friend to turn his medium-length hair to a messy Kurt Cobain-esque ‘do. When Theyskens was around nine-years-old, he imagined himself as a beautiful girl, which might explain the look he adopted during adulthood. 

His long strands have become very much a part of his personal style, just like how Karl Lagerfeld  ties his white hair into a neat ponytail. 

       
“There’s no real reason, but people always want to think there’s something more to it. I’ve been wanting to cut it for years, but it’s never been the right time—when I left Ricci and took a year off, I wanted to cut it, but then people would think, ‘Oh no, did he freak out?!’ And then when I took the job at Theory and moved to New York, people would have associated it with that change. So, I waited.” 


And now, the wait is over. But unlike everyone else who feels weird after cutting off a huge chunk of their hair, he admits the change feels natural:

“I mean, it felt strange to wash it at first and not have it there anymore… but other than that, no. I just feel like me. I think with the long hair, people took me more seriously…it was more of an intense look, I guess. It’s a bit more ‘normal’ now, though I still think not so many guys have hair this length.”


No comments:

Post a Comment