Saturday, April 19, 2014

Haider's Couture Dreams

Haider Ackermann has revealed that he has expansion plans for his eponymous label, which could include stepping from ready-to-wear into couture for the first time.

"Suddenly this season, I am also thinking about opening stores," he said. "Another thing I would love to explore is haute couture. I know where I'd do it, the music, what it would look like. I don't forget these things - they haunt me every night. Sometimes I feel I have a pile of ideas that I am keeping aside because I can't use them [for ready-to-wear]."

The designer, who also creates a menswear line, has been linked to almost every vacant creative director job over the last few years - from taking the helm at Martin Margiela, to replacing John Galliano when he was dismissed from Dior.

Haider Ackermann
"My name was placed with so many houses - it felt like I had many lovers," Ackermann told the South China Morning Post."At a certain point it was annoying as it was disrespectful to other people. I found it hard, because everyone had something to say. It was so sad when Mr Galliano left Dior. I would love him to come back because he is the person that made me dream. Not many people can do that. If people carry us away and make us travel with our minds it's such a luxury these days. We are not able to do that any more."

No comments:

Post a Comment