Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Glamp At Home In A Louis Vuitton Tent

I have only nostalgic memories of tents. Every summer, my father would let me and my brothers indulge in the great American pastime of camping – in our yard. The funny thing was, we had a summer cabin that was pretty rustic already, as it lacked electricity and was two miles down a dirt road. We didn’t let that stop us, though. As soon as summer heated to the appropriate sleeping-outside temperature, we would be taking on the great outdoors, Coleman lanterns in hand, setting up our large orange tent mere steps from the front door of our house. And, like clockwork, it was only a matter of hours before we were back in the house, sleeping in our own beds, letting our dad bear the brunt of the mosquito bites I’m sure he woke up with the next morning when he found the tent abandoned.


Fast-forward to 2020 and I have never really developed a love of spending an entire night in a tent. As much as the smell of one can instantly transport me to being snuggled in with my family reading books, camping has never really been my thing. With Covid-19 restrictions meaning summer vacations are shifting, I’ve been hearing many coworkers and friends wax poetically about fabulous campsites or various glamping opportunities. As tempting as it all sounds, and as desperate I am for fresh air, I can’t help but think my treasured August vacation days will be spent as a staycation – perhaps with my cell phone resting quietly in a bowl of water. The last thing I thought I’d be interested in was a tent. Alas, just as you think you have it all figured out, the universe intervenes. Today is the day I fell in love with a tent – a Louis Vuitton glamping tent.

The ultimate splurge, Vuitton has launched Monogram Cloud and Monogram Mirror Trunk Backpacks as part of its autumn/winter 2020 menswear collection from designer Virgil Abloh. With an optional tent attachment, these trunks are billed as being a part of the brand’s “nomadic spirit”, but I can’t help but think that these treasures are speaking to my inner homebody. What better way to celebrate a staycation than with a glamping tent? These trunks are made to order and sure to transform any room, apartment or house into a vacation paradise (or 5-star hotel, resort fee included). For me, I’m ready to add a luxe pair of pyjamas, a plethora of books, and a couple of key beauty products to my home tent glamping experience. I might even throw in a pine-scented candle or some flowers to bring the outside in. I have a feeling I might finally make it through a whole night in a tent after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment