Saturday, February 8, 2014

Elite Models' New Signing: Arsenal's Aaron

Aaron Ramsey,  an Arsenal and Wales footballer, has signed for Elite Model Management London. The 23-year-old midfielder - famous for his prodigious playmaking talent, and an eye-watering leg-break (if you didn't see it, do not Google it) that saw him out-of-play for nine months in 2010 - has been enlisted for the agency's new celebrity division, alongside talents including actress Rose Byrne and singer/songwriter Lianne La Havas.

"I was approached by Elite and it was perfect timing - and a great opportunity for me, as I had been thinking about doing some other things outside of my football career," Ramsey explained. "Obviously football is my main focus and always will be; I would never jeopardise that for anything. So I will have to manage my time well so that I can also take advantage of all the amazing opportunities that Elite can offer me."

Aaron Ramsey
Used to taking direction from some of the game's best-known managers - from Arsène Wenger, his Arsenal boss, to Wales manager Chris Coleman - Ramsey is not intimidated by fashion's biggest names. Working with a certain London-based Texan is appealing, he reveals, although one of the designer's risqué fragrance campaigns may be a long way off.

"I'd love to work with Tom Ford, his label is a real favourite of mine," he told us. "At this moment in time I wouldn't want to do any shoots with my kit off… I don't think my fiancee would be too happy about that! I still have to get used to pulling poses for the camera - it doesn't come naturally to me - I feel lost without a football close by!"

No comments:

Post a Comment