Monday, January 29, 2018

Elton John’s Farewell Tour Will Be A Fabulous Flashy Gucci Explosion

Don't go breaking our hearts. After 50 years on stage, Elton John has announced that he is embarking on a three-year "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" tour. Naturally, he of rainbow suit and glitter-strewn sunglasses fame will be outfitted in Gucci, with Alessandro Michele creating fabulously flashy pieces for the 70-year-old pop icon.

To make the announcement at a special event in New York’s Gotham Hall, John wore a custom Gucci Flora jacquard tailcoat adorned with hundreds of hand-sewn crystals, pearls and “Gucci loves Elton” emblazoned across the back. If the matching crystal bow tie, ruffle evening shirt and starry shades are a taste of what’s to come when the tour kicks off on September 8, Michele has created a tour wardrobe to rival John’s Seventies stage outfits by glitter king Bob Mackie.

“[Alessandro’s designs are] humorous and fun and beautifully made,” John said of the friendship, which was forged after Michele mined the popstar’s archives for inspiration for his spring/summer 2018 collection. “I used to be so close to Gianni [Versace] and now I’m so close to Alessandro.”


Of the decision to halt his demanding tour schedule, he said: “My priorities have changed in my life. My priorities now are my children - Zachary, seven, and Elijah, five - my husband and my family.”

The 300-date world tour, which will, according to John, be “the most produced, fantastic show I’ve ever done,” won’t see an end to his musical career, however. “I will be making more records, writing more musicals, doing more exhibitions with our photography,” he explained, “but mostly I’ll be taking my kid to soccer academy, which is the most important thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment