Thursday, October 12, 2017

Cindy On Her Real Concern For Kaia

Cindy Crawford has defended the decision to let her daughter, Kaia Gerber, make her runway debut just days after turning 16, the legal age required of models.

“In some ways, I wish I could have pushed it off a year or two,” the catwalk veteran told The Associated Press. “But she’s 16. That’s how old I was when I started, which is young, but in fashion that’s kind of the normal age when people start.”The Downside To Being A Supermodel's Daughter

Gerber might have been the breakout star of the season, making her debut for Calvin Klein and opening Chanel, but she’s still a teenager in Casa Crawford. “My daughter just got her driver’s license,” her mother revealed. “I’m a lot more concerned about her driving by herself than her entering the world of modelling.”


Of guiding Kaia and son Presley Gerber, who has also followed Crawford’s footsteps onto the catwalk, she said: "The great thing for my kids is that I know a lot about that world. I feel like: Who better to help guide them than me?”

Did it feel surreal modelling alongside her daughter in the Versace spring/summer 2018 spectacular, which saw the original supers join forces to celebrate the life and work of Gianni Versace? “I didn’t know my daughter was doing that show,” Crawford clarified. “The models themselves do not really get booked until the day before or two days before. And finally Kaia got booked for it, and I said, ‘You know I am doing that show, right?’”

“She’s like, ‘Wait, do we have to walk down together?’ I said, ‘No. I don’t even want to walk down with you. I’m going to walk down with the ladies that are my age. You can go with the girls that are your age.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment