Thursday, May 25, 2017

SJP Reveals Carrie Keepsakes

Sarah Jessica Parker  may have hung up her Manolos portraying Carrie Bradshaw, but the actress has revealed that she has kept a few of the fictional New York writer's most prized possessions.

"I have the Carrie necklace still... I love it and it’s tucked away somewhere safe," she said at Vulture Festival yesterday, reports The Cut, adding that she has lost and found the piece of jewellery, much like her character in one of the final Sex and the City episodes. "I wish I could play that scene again," she joked, "because now that I’ve lived through it, I’d do a much better job."

Fans of the fashion of the four lead stars - Miranda Hobbes, Charlotte York, and Samantha Jones - will be pleased to hear that the wardrobe from the six-season show, devised by stylist Patricia Field, has been immaculately preserved.


"We have probably 95 per cent of the clothing archived. I have it all," she said. "I don’t touch it or wear it but all of that is really meaningful."

Also at the culture festival, Parker revealed that she and former co-star Cynthia Nixon, who played lawyer Hobbes, were in competition for parts long before they were united on the Sex and the City set. "Cynthia Nixon and I were always in a waiting room together," she said. "She got a lot of the parts and rightfully so. I love her and admire her even more today, and I’ve known her since she was 11."

No comments:

Post a Comment