Thursday, April 13, 2017

Scarlett Johansson "Disappointed" With Ivanka Trump

Last month, Scarlett Johansson parodied Ivanka Trump in a Saturday Night Live skit, playing her in a spoof perfume advert while a voiceover stated “A feminist, an advocate, a champion for women", finishing “Complicit - the fragrance for the woman who can stop all this, but won't.” The actress has now spoken out about Trump following an interview that she gave earlier this week in which the president's daughter addressed accusations that she is "complicit".

“If being complicit is wanting to be a force for good and to make a positive impact, then I’m complicit,” Trump told CBS. “I don’t know what it means to be complicit but, you know, I hope time will prove that I have done a good job and much more importantly, that my father’s administration is the success that I know it will be.”

Reacting to Trump's quotes, Johansson - who noted that she has met Trump socially on several occasions and has found her to be "engaging" and "smart" - revealed her disappointment in what the businesswoman, who last week announced that she would be taking on an official unpaid role in the White House, had said.


“It’s such an old fashioned concept that to be a powerful woman you’re going to be seen as bitchy,” she said at the Women of the World conference, reports The Telegraph. “Well screw that. It’s so old fashioned, and uninspired, and really cowardly. I was so disappointed in that interview.”

“If you take a job as a public advocate then you must advocate, publicly. She said the biggest change she would make was behind closed doors. Well I thought to myself, that’s empowering,” Johansson said sarcastically. “How old fashioned. This idea that behind a great man is a great woman. How about being next to them?”

“I can’t imagine how complicated it must be to see your parents in that position," she continued. "But she has an opportunity to make an impact, just by being vocal."

No comments:

Post a Comment