Thursday, September 15, 2016

Alexa Chung's M&S Return

If you were a fan of the first Archive by Alexa collection for Marks & Spencer, start plotting your shopping list now, as the high-street store has announced that it has lured Ms Chung back for a second instalment of the wildly popular edit.


This time entitled Winter Archive By Alexa, the 27-piece collection was once again inspired by the M&S archive, with Chung working with the design team to ensure that the buzz around this collection will mirror the first when it becomes available on November 1 in stores nationwide, as well as online.

1. What made the first Archive by Alexa collaboration so successful?
I think there is such love for M&S within Britain. It really is an institution and one that has clothed us all at some point in our lives. So first and foremost I think there was a desire for it to do well, for people to be proud of this high-street shop they have long held a soft spot for.

2. Did you see people wearing it in the street and how did it make you feel?
Oh yeah all the time! It is truly fascinating to be able to observe how people take something and make it their own. That's what I love the most. Reinterpretation and context. I felt very proud whenever I saw someone with one of our archive pieces on because it meant it was relatable and current, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

3. Is there more pressure with something like this second time around?
I'm sure there is but I haven't had much time to think about it. During the process of assembling the collection I'm just focused on the clothes themselves, but definitely once it's all been made I start pranging out and wondering whether anyone will like it.

4. How does it feel to have the kind of selling power that you do with projects such as this and items that you endorse and wear?
I haven't zoomed out that much, I still just dress according to what I find exciting or what I'm in the mood for and sometimes that has a knock-on effect and more often than not it doesn't.

5. If you had to choose one piece from the collection, what would it be?
Oh man, this time round that's difficult because I keep changing my mind. I stole the polkadot halter dress from the shoot so I suppose that might be a favourite because if it isn't then I'm a thief for no good reason. A rebel without a cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment