Thursday, August 11, 2016

Kaia: Learning From The Best

Kaia Gerber has credited her supermodel mother, Cindy Crawford, with her grounded approach to the fashion world.

In a mother-daughter interview with Teen Vogue, the 14-year-old revealed that watching her mother "be nothing but kind to everyone on set, from the photographer to the caterer" has given her a beneficial perspective, despite Crawford claiming that her lookalike daughter is "so much more confident" than she was at the same age.


"I didn't start modelling until I was nearly 17," said the legendary Nineties supermodel. "You have a sense of what feels right for you. I don't worry about you staying true to yourself... I'm excited you understand what I've done most of my life. I look back and appreciate it all - travelling, connecting with people through photography. You're having fun but also learning that it's hard work!"

While she has some way to go before she matches her mother's record, in her early teens Gerber has already secured what most models would aspire to in their adult careers, including a Vogue cover, and has worked with brands including Miu Miu, Versace, and Alexander Wang. With genes like hers, the sky's the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment