Thursday, August 11, 2016

Cara On Being "Completely In Love"

Cara Delevingne has opened up about her relationship status and defining her sexuality in her cover interview for September Vogue.

"I'm completely in love… Before, I didn't know what love was - real love," she told us of her relationship with American singer-songwriter Annie Clark (known by her stage name St Vincent). "I didn't understand the depth of it. I always used to think it was you against the world. Now I know the meaning of life is love. Whether that's for yourself or for the world or your partner."
"As a child, I used gay as a bad world, as in, 'that's so gay.' All my friends did," she continued. "[Her parents] have been so, so supportive. I'm obviously in love, so if people want to say I'm gay, that's great. But we're all liquid - we change, we grow."

The 23-year-old also discussed her transition into the film industry and echoed the sentiments of some of her contemporaries who have recently spoken out about the gender pay gap in Hollywood.

"I'm still learning. I act for love. I give it my all," she revealed of her more recent pursuit. "I would probably still do it even if I wasn't paid at all. But in terms of equal pay I need to be paid the same as the guy who has equal billing with me. Otherwise I won't do it. Because if you accept less, you're just letting everyone else down and continuing the cycle."

While Delevingne boasts an impressive CV in the realms of fashion and film, it seems that she still has some insecurities when it comes to castings.

"My greatest fear is always that I have just been hired because of my number of followers," she confessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment